Thursday, November 20, 2008

Preparing for surgery

I've been "preparing" for surgery for months. This was one of the reasons for stopping the daycare and renting out the house. I had one month to get the house settled before surgery. How do you prepare to be sliced in a circle and sewn back together? David and I have been talking a lot about the possible complications-let's be frank here-death. Most likely David would just toss everything and live in filth! LOL. I needed to get things functionable here, organized and easily accessible. I NEVER do things to satifaction, but I've had to learn to "let go" and relax a LOT on my standards. Much to my amazement, the night before surgery, I was tired!!!! So I went to bed at a decent hour. USUALLY, I would be on "crunch time mode" and stay up all night doing things that needed to be finished!
So that David doesn't have to use leave, we have babysitting set up for the day of surgery and the day after, then the 3 days before Thanksgiving. The kids are so looking forward to that. Who wouldn't want hours with friends, for 5 days?! LOL Then David will take the first two weeks of Dec. off.
I'm not "satisfied", but I'm "okay" with what I've gotten done. I have organized give away/garage sale stuff, business stuff, office stuff, storage stuff, scrapbooking stuff and school/art stuff. They aren't set up really, but they are sorted and in "areas". The basement playroom and guest room are completely set up and currently to my satisfaction and the entire upstairs is set up and cleaned to satisfaction. Those were the important areas. OH YA, and David had most of the garage sorted and organized! We got bracket shelving and utility shelving for it...nice!!!!! Still can't really walk thru the garage, but that's only because bikes and scooters and wagons are strewn all over...not due to clutter or mess. It's so nice to have everything simplified and organized! Still have a long way to go...I DREAD the scrap area!!!! But, I'll get there!
Wow...my mom would be so proud of me right this second...she's always asking me..."are you content yet?" I think I may have a feeling of some contentment at the moment. A sense of mental peace?! Wierd! Does this mean I'm gonna die on the table, now that I have a sense of contentment? LMAO. Just kidding. Would be ironic though wouldn't it? Now you're content-time to die!
Keep us in your prayers and thoughts. Here we go...stay tuned for updates-