Thursday, February 12, 2009

Night Shift

In true military fashion, David's schedule has been josseled again. He's now on night shift (10pm-7am). We thought maybe it would be temporary, but it seems like it might go a long time, so I've devised a new routine and schedule for us. David will get home about 730am, he'll wake me up and we'll spend some time together, talking, Bible Study, what not. Kids will wake up and we'll spend time with them, cuddling, feeding breakfast, etc. David will go bed about 9/10am. He'll sleep til about 5pm, I'll have dinner ready, we'll eat together and head out for our evening activities...church, YMCA, etc. (the nice thing is David can now participate in Tuesday night Royal Rangers!) Then, we'll come home and he'll get ready for work and go. This will be Sunday night-Friday morning. Friday's he'll nap til about 1,2,3pm, then wake up and go to bed with us that night. Saturday he'll be up with us regular schedule and Sunday too. Sunday he'll nap between church and Bible class.

I've kinda got a routine down on cleaning and actvities and such. The weekend we pretty much do nothing as far as house work. Just basic up keep. We do yard work (if nice) and play outside, go shopping, church, laze around, and other things around town. Since I've had the surgery, it's a LOT of lazing around! I'm not used to that, but it's nice. Our spring and summer will be busy I'm sure. I am soooooooooooooooooooo looking forward to nice weather! At the same time though, I get tired easily, still have itching, pulling and tingling, in my body, SO I'm enjoying saying home too. Mondays I don't schedule anything. It seems like, since we don't do anything on the weekends, the house is a diaster on Mondays, so I do a "deep clean". That makes it nice, the rest of the week I just vaccuum each day and clean bathrooms 3 times a day (the kids make messes so fast!). Then, Friday I tend do do a big clean to prepare for the weekend. I hate not knowing what David's long term schedule. We live daily and weekly. Sometimes they change it up even last minute, jsut a day or two in advance. That's annoying!