Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Spin the bottle

David's dad called as he was getting ready for work. I guess Paul took a drive out to California and was headed back and since he was alone, he was calling for us to keep him company. David talked to him for a while and then handed him to me, so he could finish getting ready and make his lunch. I was standing in the doorway between the kitchn and living room. David was walking thru the laundry into the kitchen when he was trying to put a soda can in his sack for lunch.
He missed the hole!!!!!!!!!!
The soda can hit the floor and proceeded to spin uncontrollably for seconds sprayin soda everywhere! Including, my shoulder and face across the room. Once he got the soda can picked up and we saw the "damage", it was crazy. I simply said, "Awww, David!" And then told Paul what happened. David got a mop and mopped up the soda on the floor, then I sprayed a bit of cleaner on the floor and he mopped it again. Then David went to work and I got to get several towels and for the next hour...scrub my kitchen! It was 3/4 the way up every wall, cabinet, dishwasher, refridgerator and chairs! Hey, my kitchen looks really good now! It's deep cleaned!
I had to get kids and myself ready to go to friends houses and me to Carol's graduation, so I didn't finish the floor. I need to do the laundry room and kitchen, but, that will keep til tomorrow. It was given a little pre-rinse when David did it. You know what David's dad (Paul) said to me? "Oh well, it was an accident, you still love him. Now he gets to go to work and you get to clean it up. I do stuff like that all the time and Amy just rolls her eyes and cleans it up." I think the only reason I didn't freak out or yell or get mad, was cause the kids were in bed. That meant they weren't needing something or running thru the mess, etc.
Now to work on the rest of the house! Eventually. LOL