Friday, June 20, 2008

Father's Day

Sunday, June 15th, 2008
Our cell phone alarm went off at 730am. David rolled over and noticed the hotel clock was off. The power in the hotel had gone out. He took a shower in the dark. Me and the kids woke up and we all got ready to go to church. Ben was not happy about taking a shower in the dark and Shanndon threw a fit for nearly half an hour, cause he had to poop and didn't want to go in the dark!!! We started to pull out of the hotel parking lot and Ben asked what day it was. I stated "Sunday Ju-" I then realized it's Father's Day!!!!!! I then finished "Sunday June 15th, 2008-it's Father's day!" I completely forgot! The kids' cards were left at home in Wichita. I looked over at David and said, "Honey, I'm so sorry. I hope you know I didn't intend to forget about you today". I felt soooooooo bad. He knew. David's good like that. He's been so helpful and supportive on this trip and thru this difficult time. I dunno what I'd have done without him!
We get to mom's about 10am, expecting to go to church. Amy and her kids and Francis and Amy's best friend Stacie were here, apparently Uncle Dave told everyone he'd be over at 830am to say goodbye. He finally showed up and explained he'd overslept due to power being off at his hotel too, and that all the others were meeting at a restraunt for breakfast. My sister Julie wanted to go to church for Father's day, so mom called her to ask if she still wanted to go. She had gotten so plastered Saturday night, I don't think she cared at this point. We call up all the kids and head over to the restraunt our aunts and uncle were going to. Francis and Amy hadn't checked out of thier hotel yet, so we said goodbye to them and they left. Iowa roads were a mess and it was going to be a long drive back. :( We went to Blueberry Hill where the rest were eating, but it was jam packed and they'd already started eating...so we said goodbye to Uncle Dave again and headed to Denny's. Again, packed! Mom and Theresa suggested going to Magic Wok (Chinese), none of us kids wanted to go, we thought it would be appropriate for us kids to go to Dimitris where Katie (JoEllyn's best friend), Julie and JoEllyn work. So we called and reserved a table and headed there. Only had to wait 10 minutes once we got there, woohoo! Then, mom and Theresa showed up. Magic Wok was closed for the day. This was awesome. We were together as a family at the "family restraunt". After lunch David and the kids went to the hotel to nap, I came to mom's and visited with Aunt Kathy, Aunt Maggie and my cousin Rob and his wife. About 5pm, they left for the airport. The kids were awake, so I drove to get them and bring them back to mom's house. I then went to the laundry mat with Julie. While my clothes were washing, I cleaned out the car, then put clothes in the dryer. I then dropped Julie off at mom's house, picked up my family and went to visit a friend from high school-Stephanie. It was a nice visit. Then we came back to visit with mom and the kids more and back to the hotel.
Today was hard not having dad at the restraunt with us it's something they did every Sunday practically!!! Also, Christianna keeps saying "Where gampa? Where gampa?" I say, "In heaven". She says, "Aight" and walks away. I'm actually kinda glad we didn't go to church for Father's Day, cause then it would been a lot harder! More condolences, a father's day message, passing out father's day gifts, blah blah blah. I think I'd have gone nuts!!!!
I'm sorry I fogot..Happy Father's Day David!!!!!!!