Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Trains!

My dad was an avid "N scale" train collector and hobbiest. The man was a genious! He built beautiful layouts. He carved mountains out of styrofoam. Man, I gotta look around and see if I can't find some pictures. LOL.
Anyway, I took on this project to completely clear out, sort, organize, box, label and stack all dad's train stuff. Wednesday Jun 18th, after 12 hours of steady work, it was completed! HOLY CRAP! There are now currently 12 various sized boxes stacked in mom's 2nd bedroom with various labels all over them. Plus there's a few boxes of other things, like all kinds of adaptors, computer stuff, CB stuff, two huge tool boxes of tools!
The next project is mom's storage room, which she says is mainly train stuff too. There's more? Crimeny!!!! Well, now that I've done the intial stuff, the rest should go more smoothly. The problem is now, I have no child care, so my ability to work revolves around kids' behaviour, mood and cooperation. They usually get sick when we come here and sure enough, yesterday Christianna came down with a runny nose and last night a cough. Today Shanndon started a runny nose, so they're cranky. Mom's been busy today getting some work she needs to get done today, and she's going to take my 3 kids to McDonald's playland with Julie and JoEllyn and thier kids!!!! It's rainy and chilly here. So, I'm off to get that started. Wish me luck! Oh, and pray for my mom's sanity as she handles my kids...EEEEEEK!!!!!