Friday, February 15, 2008

Annoyed with the military

You know, for the most part I like military life, it's not bad. It's a steady paycheck, it's free health care, good vacation time, etc. There are a lot of perks. Ever since 9-11-01, it's different. David is gone a lot! I miss my husband, the kids miss thier dad. That aside...
When you sign up for the military, you are thiers! Regardless. It's Friday-you go into work at 5am (cause there's mandatory PT) and your shift is 7am-3pm, at 230pm they tell you you're working til they decide your done and by the way, you're working the weekend too!!!! So David calls me at 245pm to tell me that he doesn't know when he'll be home and he's gotta work tomorrow. He got home about 7pm. They yank you around with no notice and just expect you to smile and say okay. So, "okay", but I'm annoyed and gonna blog about them! LOL.
In August, David worked 12 hour shifts for a week, then a couple days regular shifts and then 12 hours for a week again. He calls me up at 530pm and says he's gotta be back in at 630...630am?...no-one hour later (630pm)...and by the way, he's coming home only to pack his bags, he's being deployed to who knows where for who knows how long. So he gets home at 545pm, takes a shower and starts packing his luggage...WHILE TRYING TO GET SHANNDON (our 2 year old) OUT OF IT THE ENTIRE TIME!!!! How sad is that? He hasn't hardly seen his dad in weeks and now daddy is going who knows where for who knows how long? So, he leaves...luckily that turned out to only be a month in the desert. 3 weeks later-he deployed to the desert again for 4 months!
I am a controlling person! I hate being out of control! Heck, this is one of the reasons I homeschool! LOL. So, I was annoyed with military life...I'm better now! Thanks for listening!