Monday, February 25, 2008

Husband Update

Well, 10pm last night and he's laying down as if nothing happened and I asked if he had checked myspace lately. He said he had earlier. I said there was something for him on there. So he opens his computer and reads my blog. He says, "I said I was sorry for Friday and you didn't believe me, said I was patronizing you". See, Friday's "sorry" was a sarcastic, she's pissed, let's pat her head and send her on her way type sorry. And nothing had been mentioned since!
So after reading my blog and me bitching for a half hour-he's sorry and he's a self proclaimed asshole and jerk and screw up, and for the 10 millionth time, he's going to work on it. Just like the last time I bitched! Then he got all touchy feely and I said, "don't even think about it!" and we went to bed at 1am!!! The present he got me was something that I wanted and begged for for months and months and was hoping I'd get for Christmas (and didn't!)...it's a Sander and sanding pads. Yes, I asked for a sander! And it had a dust collection system in it...which means I can sand without clearing the room first! HAHA!
So that's the update. He's gonna work on his communication. He's going to work on growing up and not being my 6th child!!! That's getting real old and I'm at my breaking point! He helped create this zoo, he can help take care of it! Even mentioned seeing someone to help him out and asked if I would go with, I think he should go alone, then we can work together, I've seen people alone, guess it's his turn! He'll have month off work after his surgery to see someone and work on communicating. Although I suspect most the communication will be how much pain he's in!
I have decided, that I am stepping back! With David being immobile for the next month, it won't be completely, but I'm going to take time for myself. I'm sick of being sad and lonely and frumpy. I will go to the YMCA and be alone (or with friends) in classes. I will put the kids in Kids Zone and not feel bad about it. I will take time to do things I like. I will work on getting in shape. And maybe, I'll get my scrap area workable again and someday scrap again! Now the scrap thing, being is I'll be taking care of a half dead David, I don't see happening right away! But I'm vowing to make some positive changes! Maybe those changes will make it less easy for me to get resentful or angry. We'll see.