Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas 08



Merry Christmas all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Today was awesome! I woke up early and I had stressed all last night and this morning that we didn't have anything to give dad (except flavored coffees). I thought I'd be up and about by now, I had plans to make him a Tshirt with the grandkids names on it, or scraobook something, etc. BUT, I am not driving, so I didn't make it to Michael's for a tshirt, nor did I make it to church for my fabric paints and my scrap area is not really accessible. I took the pic of dad and David and Chris and found a great frame in a digital program I had and printed it up, I went downstairs to find a frame for it. I got the frame and then was sifting thru some supplies and found this little square notebook that I thought mabe I could use for something. I came up with this awesome idea...I made a "notebook" out of this little book, decorated the front, I wrote a little note on the inside of the cover and then filed it with poems, sayings, and "We love you because..." for dad and grandpas. I then had Ben write "Papa, I love you" in his hand writing on one page and put Ben's name, age and date on it. And, on the last page, put a small pic of each of his grandkids (all taken within the last couple months!) Okay, so the kids were very patient thru all this...they were fed breakfast, played with papa and daddy, etc. 11AM, I am finally done and ready to open presents.
Ben got a full guitar and kit that he wanted from Papa-also a remote control car, puzzles, Yatzee game and few other things. Shanndon got a DarthVader helmet case full of 63 Star Wars figurines-from when David was little that Dad found in his storage area-also a play guitar, FisherPrice race track, bath foam and other things. Christianna got "Bella Ballerina", it has a ballerina bar, mat, and DVD for Papa-she also got a baby doll, stuffed animal, foam bath and other things. Dad cried over my presets for him. He said this was the best Christmas he's had in 25 years! WOOHOO! Chris called and phhed and ahhed over thier presents (Discovery Toys and Mary Kay), they were very grateful and excited and impressed! WOOHOO!!! I like making people happy!!!! We then ate a simple lunch-sandwhiches.
I am dead today. The last 4 days has taken a huge toll on me! I am barely functioning. I am in terrible pain!!! The kids played the rest of the day so nicely with all thier new toys. David made a chicken in the Rotisserie, augratin potatoes and steamed brocoli and dad made biscuits for dinner. I literally laid down the rest of the day, except coming out for dinner and then later in the evening I came out and played one game of Yatzee. Luckily the kids come in my room all the time to share thier toys with me and play wth me. or I probably wouldn't have seen them much today.
Merry Christmas all!!!!! May you be abundantly blessed with peace, joy and love. Be sure to relax and sit back and enjoy the magic of the season.