Monday, December 22, 2008

December 22, 2008

David's brother-Chris- and his family and David woke up at 6am. They packed up, loaded up with coffee and headed on the road. By the time they got thier big moving van, with thier car attached to a trailer behind it, manuvered out of our culdesac, it was about 7am, they got on the road. They ended up having to take the car off the trailer and driving it seperately to a straight street and reattaching it. They drove down to Ft. Worth Texas, got the keys for the house (my brother in law i going to seminary school-he's going to be a preacher-and they are moving to campus housing). David and Chris unloaded the truck, then they all went out to dinner and then Chris and David drove back up to Wichita. They got home about 130am.
I was left alone with the kids. It went well. The kids were sad that their cousins weren't here even though we told them they were leaving, but they understood after a while. Having Ben home was a great relief, he's a big help. The kids have been great with me being laid up (although I've been up about 75% of the day, yesterday and today). They cuddle with me, bring me books to read, play in my clean laundry pile at the foot of my bed and watch a lot of TV. LOL Chris and Bonnie's kids trashed the house(basement, bedrooms and playroom!!!!) I ended up feeling really good in the night, so I deep cleaned the house after the little ones went to bed. I was up when the guys got home and we were al in bed by 2am.