Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Healing and Reconcilitation


While David was making breakfast, Chris and I sat in the living room chatting and drinking our coffee. He started talking about wanting to be closer and now that we're "only" 6 hours apart, they want to see us more and raise the cousins together and get beyond "superficial talk". I explained to him that this made me nerveous since he seems to cut everyone out of his life that he doesn't agree with. He then explained how being astranged from dad was different. I said, alright, you want to know how I really feel? You annoyed me yesterday. I told him how I felt about the "dictatorship" he had pulled the day before. He apologized and we talked about how he could have stated things different and I could have said I was in pain and had stuff to do, yada yada. He had no problem taking Christianna and had I expressed it, he knew there was room for all 3 kids in his car and could have told me that. We had a nice conversation and it was relieving.
Dad called at 1045am, saying he was an hour away. He left Melanie's house at 5am! Chris was still needing a shower and in his PJs. We were still in the middle of a lot of talking about issues. He wasn't ready to leave yet! He asked us how we'd feel if he decided to stay. The fact that there could be "confrontation" in our home. I explained that while I'd be nerveous, it was exciting and hopeful that there might be a hug involved. David was nerveous too. Chris got his shower and packed up and ready to go. Dad called and he was at the gate. I vacuumed the house and straightened up. I got out meat and cheese and cakes for lunch and set the table up nicely. David took the kids to get dad.
Wow, Dad walked in and was suprised to see Chris. There was a hug! He was so happy. Dad started making small talk, asking about pics of the kids, we sat at the table and started eating. Chris just out of the blue got in on dad, saying "ya, we can make superficial talk, but I want to go beyond that", so he started talking to dad about his issues. After a while he asked to go to the living room since his back was hurting. We sat til 4pm talking!!!!!!!!!! There is reconcilitation and healing in the air!!! I took a pic of dad with his two sons as Chris was getting ready to leave. Dad was just in heaven! Chris left about 5pm.