Sunday, December 28, 2008

Vegetable

December 26-I can barely move today. I woke up with a crick in the neck, I'm swollen and in pain. I literally spent 80% of the day in bed. While the kids napped, David and his dad went and picked up wood from a guy who cut down 100 trees on his property. I'm thinking once it seasons, next winter...we'll have firewood for our fire pit and to give Stephanie for the fireplace. She said Marc likes the fire place. David's chainsaw blade is dull, so dad took David to the hardware store and bought him a file and a couple other things he saw we needed around the house. I apologized to dad for being so reclusive and locked up in my room. He competely understood. I had warned him several times before he came, so he knew. What we didn't know is just how hard Chris and Bonnies visit and my being up so much would take on me! Dad and David played with the kids, it was 60 degrees! David cleaned out the car, they went for a walk with the dog, played at the park, etc. Certainly wore the kids out!
December 27-Paul left at 5am, he has a 12 hour drive to Austin Texas. We said our goodbyes the night before, he didn't want to bother us. I still can't move today. Not as swollen but a bit and in lots of pain. Neck can't move. I've done muscle relaxer, pain med, heating pad, massage. Nothings working. Today I spent probably 90-95% of the day in bed.
December 28-Slept with heating pad on my neck. No help. Stll can't move my neck. More swollen today then yesterday. Still can't move my neck. I got the kids lunch while David was out running errands and I was in so much pain. I wanted to clean house and put away Christmas, but I don't think that's gonna happen. I have come to the conclusion that I don't care! David goes back to work tonight 10pm-7am, then he'll have to sleep all day and I won't be able to be in my bedroom, so I have all week to work on the house!