Monday, January 14, 2008

New Puppy

In the spirit of a new year and "Newness", we got a puppy. My friend Stephanie's dog (Rott/Lab mix) got knocked up (by a Bull Mastiff) and had puppies on Dec 28th, so we had been talking about it for while. Then this guy on freecycle posted Husky/Brittany mix puppies. I thought we'd just go take a look. I wanted a smaller dog. But i want two dogs, so they can be buddies. So we looked at the small breed dog. They were white and light tan color, and pretty cute. So, I told the guy we'd think about it. We thought about it and went to Walmart and got tons of dog supplies. Then we called he guy and picked the puppy out that night. Ben has his "pick" of the litter from Stephanie's dogs, so I let Shanndon pick this one out. He was so excited. It's a boy. His name is Butterscotch. He's 8 weeks old. So now I'm reading up on how to raise and train puppies. We're crate training. That's going well so far. Not too much whining. And it gives Butterscotch a place to go away from the kids. They adore him. We haven't had too many accidents. I think he's getting the hang of where to go in the yard for his potty spot. Now I just need to get it gated off, so kids don't play there. Although, it's not anywhere the kids would normally play anyway, but just in case they would decide to go over there...it needs to be gated. So we'll spend 6 weeks with Butterscotch and then when Sky is ready to come home, we'll have Butterscotch trained and have time to work with Sky. And who knows, maybe by then, I'll be an expert! HAHAHA. My sister said I just love trouble. Which is true. My life is chaos and I do nothing to stop it! But hey, that's my life! Romper Room!