Saturday, April 5, 2008

Dress Up

I rotate out my toys every now and then, so things don’t get too boring, and are always "new". The kids seemed to be bored with what we had out-Little People and cars. Yesterday I put them away in the attic and I took out dress up stuff. There’s everything in this bunch of stuff...3 big boxes full. There are shoes, wands, crowns, pom poms, swords, shields, masks, hats, scarves, halloween costumes of all sorts, feather boas, etc. The kids (even Ben) are having a blast! Shanndon got home from school yesterday and I was cooking dinner and he gets into the dress up stuff and he exclaims he wants to be a princess. "Okay! Be a princess. Oh, how pretty". Christianna is so cute trying to walk in these plastic little high heels, and wearing sunglasses. Ben puts on a pirate hat and says "I’m a pirate", so Shanndon also wants to be a pirate but he wants the hat Ben has, so I tell him he needs to get the other hat and Ben says, "Yeah, besides, I’m the captain" as he flales his sword and snarls. This morning all 3 of my children were mass murderers! We have this mask that’s a bloody hockey mask, I forget who it is...and Shanndon’s wearing it running around with a sword. Then he puts on the bumble bee costume...he says, "mommy look, I’m a dead bumble bee" and falls to the floor. Then he’s alive again. I tell him, "oh you’re alive, you need to go eat some flowers and make honey!" LOL..."Why" he says...cause that’s what bees do. "Oh, okay!" he says and runs to the other room as I continue to fold laundry. It’s too cute!
Of course they have thier favorites that are always out-house stuff, babies, bionicles, books, etc. With the decent weather I’ve been throwing them outside and they ride bikes and play doll house and run with the dogs, etc. I just had to take a break from getting ready to go to Arizona and share the "dress up" stories!