Saturday, April 19, 2008

HOME

WOOOHOOO! I'm home! Thank you God! At this moment in time, I don't ever want to travel again!!!!!!!
I had to wait at the airport for David and Ben to be done with thier soccer game, so we were gonna have to wait like 2 hours (I didn't want to bother any friends with having to come out of thier way to pick us up, I thought about getting a taxi while I was waiting cause she was so cranky, but I didn't have any cash on me). These two young girls were behind us on the plane, they loved Christianna and played with her and we got to talking and I had told them I'd be waiting around a while. They flew in from San Fransisco and were visiting friends here in Wichita for just 3 days. Thier friends were suppose to pick them up, but I guess they couldn't, so the girls ended up renting a car and saw me still waiting around. Christianna was running around like crazy, cranky as all get out (I had been up since 2:45am and she had been up since 4am). I guess they talked amongst themselves and wanted to ask me if I wanted a ride. So they offered me a ride. I was very grateful and said sure. I was still looking at waiting another hour. I only live 5 minutes from the airport and I'd be on the way to anywhere they had to go anyway. So we loaded up and they drove me home.
The second we got out of the car, Christianna ran in yard and started riding her bike (Ken and Jennifer had no outdoor toys or anything-just dirt, cactus, rocks and animals-which she loved chasing!!!). I loaded luggage in the house, let the dogs out, started unpacking, and cleaned up the yard a bit. The second Christianna saw our car pull up to the gate, she screamed with excitement and ran to David. David opened the door and pulled her into his lap and drove in the driveway. The boys hopped out of the car and were talking a mile a minute over each other. They had to show me everything. Ben learned to ride his bike one handed. They had gone to the family fest on base and they showed me all the stuff they got and each one had made me a braclet. They told me everything they did and all that went on while I was gone. Shanndon was all over Christianna. He missed her so bad!!!
I took Shanndon to a classmates birthday party at Pump it up, while David stayed home with Ben and a napping Christianna. We ended up going out for dinner, then home and to bed. AHHHH, such a comfy bed!