Sunday, April 6, 2008

We've landed!

Well, I survived getting ready for the trip (I stayed up all night as I always do when preparing for a trip). I feel okay about the condition I left the house, got lots of work done that I had needed to get done. Washed, dryed, folded and put away all laundry in the house, sorted and cleared piles of papers from various areas, cleaned the kids’ and living room, kitchen, etc. Cleaned and replaced cat litter boxes and did a bunch of shopping.
Christianna and I survived the plane trip. She did pretty good for being woken up at 5am and dragged across the country with no understanding as to why or where, or what was going on! The flight from Wichita to Denver was 1 hr 16 minutes. We had a dinky little plane, but got two seats to ourselves (she’s a lap child, so we’re lucky!). Christianna fell asleep about 15 minutes before landing and stayed asleep while we got off the plane and then drove across the airport and she woke up as we were boarding the Denver plane. The second flight, from Denver to Tucson was 1 hr 43 minutes. It started off a bit scary as they couldn’t get the door shut!? That took 20 minutes to fix. This was a nice plane (thick comfy seats), I was in a row of 3 with two other people, but they requested to move!!!! So Christianna and I ended up having all three seats to ourselves! Christianna fell asleep about 15 minutes into flight and woke up as we were deboarding.
It was a long day, Ken and Jennifer picked me up and we went shopping for some things we needed for dinner (for them at thier mom’s house, they are vegan, she’s carnivore) and lunch for me and Christianna (picked up a sandwhich at the store Deli). Then we headed to Beth’s (Jennifer’s mom) house. It’s pretty warm here...85! I was so tired at Beth’s. We had lunch and showed pictures, talked, etc. Then we took the kids swimming. Christianna and I came back to Beth’s house and napped. When we woke up it was about 45 minutes til dinner. We had a very nice dinner and then cleaned up and left. By the time we got home, unloaded, Ken set up our air matress and we got ready for bed...It was 1030pm here which is 1230am for us Wichitans! I slept hard and good, so did Christianna, but she was up at her regular 630am (local time). I was not ready to wake up.
Today I ended up getting her dressed and ready for the day (it’s cold-45 degrees-in the morning so we had to wear jackets) and we went outside to play and run around a bit. Then we came in and Jennifer’s kids were up now, so I napped on the couch while she played with them, lol. She’s not eating or drinking very well, which worries me. We went grocery shopping for us today. Ken and Jennifer are extreme VEGANS (no meat, eggs, cheese, wheat, sugar, animal products of any kind, etc.) and I’m an extreme junk food eating Carnivore! LOL I bought Christianna juice (which at home we don’t do much of, but she does love it) and she’s drank some now today. For dinner she actually ate a Banquet Corn Dog meal and some milk, so hopefully tomorrow she’ll eat better.
David’s doing well with the boys, lots of bike riding, playing outside and today they went to the park. Ben’s bike tire has a hole in it, so tomorrow they have to get a patch kit. They went to McDonald’s Saturday morning before soccer to "celebrate" mom being gone!!! LOL.
So that’s it, we’re just waiting for a baby now! I’m so tired and "jet lagged", I’m hoping that’s better when I wake up (I bought myself instant coffee!!!!)