Friday, January 16, 2009

Another baby for the Koopmans family




Another baby for the Koopmans family...can you believe it? I hardly can, but I'm so excited! It is fate! I totally believe in "if it's meant to be, it will be". I was browsing craigslist "free" category this evening and saw "Mini Longhaired Dachshund (Wichita, KS FREE)" with a picture. I've always wanted a small dog. So I called David and showed him the pic and asked if I could respond. He said, "sure". So at 7:24pm, I did-sent the person an email describing our family and how we have a 1 year old dog that I'd like to get a friend for and how I've always wated a small dog and she'd be mine, and that we live at McConnell Afb and I'm a stay at home-homeschooling mom (showing I have time for her) and that hubby is Air Force. A bit later, I went back to the "free" category and the listing was gone. I thought, "oh darn, they found a home already (therefore removing the ad), oh well, it wasn't meant to be." So, I continue with my browsing different categories on craigslist and checking email (I've had a big productive day and haven't been online for hours! So, I was reveling in down time!). So at 8:23pm, our phone rings for the first time today. We didn't recognize the name on the caller ID, but David answered and handed me the phone. The woman says, "Hi, I'm ---". I said, "okay". SHe said, "the one with the miniature longhaired dauschand, you replied to on craigslist". I said (completely shocked!), "oh okay, hi! yes." Turns out, the girl is former AF and had been deployed with David once and her hubby used to work with David. They are moving to Spain (so can't/don't want to take her with) and her children are little (3 under age 4) and trample and are too rough with the dog. They are bringing her by tomorrow! Dandi Flower is 10 months old (she'll be 1 yr in March). She's not fixed yet, but has not been in heat yet either. She's microchipped and up to date on shots and all records are already at the base vet! She's got AKC papers (although not yet registered, as the owners weren't planning on breeding her). She's crate trained, house broken, ,and completely spoiled! I'm so excited-although she probably won't be as spoiled here. LOL But I do plan on keeping her kinda spoiled ;) I have to go buy a pink diamond leash and collar now!!!!!!!! Okay, gonna go do research on our new baby!!!!