Thursday, January 1, 2009

Goals for 2009

Like most people, I have been thinkng of things I'd like to change about myself or life situation, in the new year. I haven't thought about them for a long time, and I don't really have a plan. I am not going to beat myself if I slip up either. All I can do is wake up every day and try to be intentional. It will be a daily goal, not a yearly goal. Here is my list, in no particular order:
1. Pay down debt and budget better
2. Attend the YMCA (which we pay an arm and a leg for each month and don't use!) and excercise at least 3 times a week.
3. Eat and drink healthier
4. Cook more/eat out less
5. Yell less/chill out
6. Develop a little bit more structure
7. Play with the kids more
8. Be less critical and negative/Be more positive
9. Smile and laugh more
10. Work on the marriage-learn David's love language and speak or do it more.
11. Clean and organize the basement
12. Get back to scrapbooking, take time for myself, take time to read and persue learning about things I am interested in.
13. Use my breathing machine
So, I hadn't counted til I typed it out, but that looks like a lucky 13! Some of these things aren't ready to happen right away. It will be a little bit before I'm ready to go back tot he YMCA and workout. I can walk and do a little bit of stuff, but I can't do the intense classes I had been involved in in early 2008! It would be nice though to put the kids in the kid zone and just walk on the treadmill for a while, alone or with a friend; or join friends for swimming. Also, some of them are already a work in progress; like the working on the marriage and taking time to learn about things I'm interested in and the "chilling out/yell less". I am hoping that by some things already being underway, and others not being ready yet, and that by waking up and being intentional every day, that my goals won't be hard to achieve nor seem so overwhelming. Wish me luck!