Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inlaws January 2009 visit


Chris and Bonnie were suppose to come back and visit the first week in January, but Chris came down with the flu. If he was better and no one else got sick, they'd come up "Martin Luther King weekend", before his school started (Friday-Sunday). Monday before MLK weekend, Bonnie's step grandmother passed away. The funeral was Friday, so then the plan was to come Saturday about noon-Monday about noon. They didn't arrive til 6pm, Saturday. They left about 11AM, Monday.

It was a good visit. Not as exhausting as the last. Probably cause I'm doing a lot better and I'm a lot more healed. Also, it wasn't as mentally and emotionally strenuous. We barely saw the kids all weekend! The cousins all played so well together! Chris said it's like Disney World for them here. It was great, they could take thier kids home and deprive them and then they'd really appreciate it here! LOL. I will admit we have just about anything for any age that has ever been made! LOL.

Chris said they wanted to attend a church here and they'd like to encourage us to come along, but wouldn't make us. So, we all tried out a new church. I hate to admit it, but he picked a good one. We think we've found a new church home. Will blog about that later. Sunday after church, David and Chris went to Walmart to get thier car fixed, Chris' car was messed up. Bonnie and I talked all day, it was very nice. Kids played very well. I cooked a roast in the crockpot-put it in before church, then came home and cut up and added veggies. They loved it. The whole weekend was very uplifting. Both Chris and Bonnie just flattered me to death! Went on and on about the cooking and guest accommodations. I have to say, it was quite the ego booster! Makes me feel up for hostessing again! :) David did the breakfasts and I did the dinners.

I had bought "Slime" on Friday night. Sunday afternoon all 6 kids sat at the table playing slime! It horrified Bonnie! She hates messy and crafty stuff! LOL. The kids were covered to thier elbows. They had "flung" slime onto the walls and dropped it on the carpet. It came off! It was fine. My kids love all that messy stuff. They play Playdoh for HOURS! And you should see them go to town with GOOP (cornstartch and water mixture)! I do messy stuff all the time. :) She just laughed and said she was glad it was me and not her. And pondered about how I could handle it. I just went behind them and cleaned, that's all. I don't care.

Before they left, Monday morning, I had Bonnie trim my hair straight across the back, just to even it out. Then we got group pictures of the kids. It was a very nice visit.